Buffalo Chickpea Quesadillas
Such a glorious snack or meal with next level flavors and textures.
Ingredients · Whole grain/bean tortillas · 1 can drained chickpeas · ½ minced onion · 2 to 3 cloves minced garlic · ¼ cup hot sauce · Cream Cheeze Recipe
1. Sauté onion and garlic in water or vegetable broth on medium until soft and translucent (3 to 5 minutes).
2. Add chickpeas/garbanzo beans and hot sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
3. Roughly mash ingredients using the back of your spoon or potato masher.
4. Prepare Cream Cheeze.
5. In a clean, dry skillet on medium heat, add one tortilla, a thin layer of chickpea mixer, and a thin layer of cream cheeze and top with another tortilla.
6. Use a spatula to firmly press layers together.
7. Toast each side* until golden brown (3 minutes on one side and 2 on the other).
Plant Based Sour Cream is a great dipping sauce!
*Note: Use a plate to flip.
Change up the flavors by using different kinds of hot sauce, healthy barbecue sauce, etc.