This recipe is suitable for a spice wuss (this girl right here!). Ramp that spiciness up or down as you like. Either way this roast is glorious!
Plant Based for Life, www.pbforlife.com
· 1 whole head of cauliflower, leaves trimmed
· 1 ½ cups frozen mango, thawed
· 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
· ½ green pepper, diced
· ½ white onion, diced
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 roasted red pepper (check those ingredients if purchasing!)
· ¼ cup+ hot sauce of choice (I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
· Optional garnish: small-diced onion, fresh herbs, more hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Submerge entire head of cauliflower and boil covered for 5 minutes.
3. Turn off burner, drain carefully, put back in the pot, cover, and let sit while you prepare the marinade. It will continue to steam for a bit.
4. Water sauté onion, garlic, and green pepper until slightly softened (5 minutes).
5. Add all ingredients (except cauliflower) to a blender and blend well.
6. Gently pour half of marinade over entire visible surface. Save the rest for dipping.
7. Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes.
8. Garnish and serve!