Updated: Jan 16, 2021
Enjoy this flavor-packed, oil free hummus! Perfect for dipping, spreading or thinning for dressing.
· 2 – 15 oz cans of chickpeas (save liquid)
· 2 tablespoons tahini
· ½ lemon juiced
· 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
· 2 teaspoons garlic powder
· 2 teaspoons onion powder
· ¼ cup nutritional yeast
· 2 roasted red peppers
· 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1. Add all ingredients to blender plus half of aquafaba (liquid from canned beans).
2. Blend on high for at least 1 minute. If too thick, add more aquafaba until the mixture moves in the blender on its own. Careful not to add too much or it will be too runny.
3. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
4. Blend one more full minute and enjoy.
5. Refrigerate in a sealed container. It will thicken as it sits.
Note: If cooking beans from dry the measurement is 3 cups of beans and you can use the water that you cooked them in ½ cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.