Chocolate for breakfast?! Yes please! This fiber rich treat is full of antioxidants with no processed sugar or oil!
· 1 15 oz can or 1 ½ cups chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
· 6 medjool dates, soaked in warm water
· ¼ cup cocoa powder
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· ¼ cup bean water (aquafaba)
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Save some of the liquid from the can or water you cooked your beans in.
2. Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides and blend again. If it is too thick, add a tablespoon of aquafaba at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
3. Spoon into a serving dish and serve as a dip or spread.
Ideas: Eat with sliced apples, bananas, or on whole grain toast.