Granola Your Way
This granola is crunchy and sweet despite the absence of processed sugar. It is an excellent topper for desserts or can be enjoyed simply as a trail mix or with your favorite plant based milk.
Cherry Cobbler with Vanilla Nicecream (using this granola recipe) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XjB_-Lrzyo&t=1646s
· 8 cups rolled oats
· 2 cups pitted, chopped, and soaked dates
· 2 ripe bananas
· ¼ cup hot water
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 2 teaspoons spice combination of your choice: cinnamon, clove, ginger, allspice, pumpkin, chai
· 1 cup of nuts or seeds (ground/sliced/slivered/chopped) of your choice: flax, chia, hemp, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds
· Optional Extras: small/diced dried fruit, coconut shreds
Special Note: Nuts, seeds, and fruit should be added after baking.
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Soak dates in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
3. Place drained dates, bananas, water, vanilla, and spice(s) in blender.
4. Blend until super creamy and smooth.
5. In a large bowl add oats and fold in blended mixture until well incorporated.
6. Spread mixture in an even layer onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes depending on how browned you would like it. Stir every 10 minutes or so. (I like it chunky so I try not to stir it too much). Turn off oven and leave it to cool inside for even crunchier texture.
8. Take this opportunity to add healthy seeds like ground flax, chia and/or hemp!
9. For other nut or seed toppers, start with raw unsalted nuts/seeds and lightly pan roast them. Use a dry pan on low heat. Shake pan or stir gently and watch closely for desired toastiness. Remember to add after or they will be too bitter.