Betsy’s Grilled Tempeh Panini
Have you been looking for a hearty sandwich recipe that is absolutely luscious and super easy to prepare? You are in the right place.
Watch the video of us cooking live in Betsy's kitchen:
· 8 oz package of tempeh
· 3 tablespoons of tamari, low sodium soy sauce, or liquid aminos
· 2 slices of whole grain bread, toasted
· Sauce (below)
· 1 medium avocado, mashed
· 4 black olives, diced
· 1 green onion, diced
· 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
· ½ teaspoon lemon juice
· 1 basil leaf, finely diced
1. Marinate tempeh in tamari or alternatives for an hour in the fridge.
2. Preheat grill pan or skillet on medium heat.
3. Removed tempeh from marinade and place on grill, just long enough to start to turn golden or to create grill marks as desired (a couple of minutes on each side should do it).
4. While the tempeh is grilling, mix sauce ingredient with a fork until well-blended and creamy.
5. When Tempeh has reached grilled perfection, cut both toast slices and tempeh at an angle to create triangle shapes.
6. Build sandwich as desired, one slice of toast, then tempeh, then sauce, then second piece of toast. Note: Tomato slices or halved cherry tomatoes are delicious on this sandwich as well. You could also use bread alternatives like lentil flatbread or leafy greens.
Check out Betsy’s website and learn more about how to make tempeh from scratch: http://makethebesttempeh.org/