Almond Crusted Cauli Bites
Updated: Jan 4, 2022
Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, dip-friendly, cauliflower bites!
1 head of cauliflower, broken/cut into bite-sized pieces.
· 1/3 cup chickpea flour
· 1/3 cup brown rice flour
· 1/4 cup ground flax
· 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
· 1 teaspoon liquid aminos
· Optional: 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1 cup almond meal
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a shallow dish (pie pan works well) mix all batter ingredients well.
3. Add almond meal to a second dish. Almond meal can be prepared from raw, unsalted almonds in a food processor. Careful not to overblend.
4. Dredge cauliflower chunks in batter then almond meal. Add in a single layer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Topping/Dipping Options: Cheezy Sauce, Salsa, Hot Sauce.