Wendy's Tofu Ground Beef
Sooo many ways to use this super savory goodness!
· 1 package firm or extra-firm tofu
· 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon chili or chipotle powder
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
· Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Slice open tofu on three sides and allow it to drain upside down over rack or strainer in the sink.
3. Add all ingredients, except tofu, in a large bowl and combine well.
4. Crumble tofu into small pieces (about pea-sized). Tip: use a potato masher after roughly crumbling into bowl.
5. On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread mixture evenly. Tip: use blade instead of flat size of spatula to create space between crumbles.
6. Stir every ten minutes. Total cooking time will be 15 to 25 minutes depending on how chewy or crispy you want the texture to be.
***Shared with permission.***