You can make bacon out of a variety of things! We love this versatile version, but will occasionally use tofu as well.
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Add liquid ingredients to a container with a lid or plastic baggie.
3. Slice tempeh thinly to approximately 1/8" to 1/4" and marinate tempeh in liquid for at least five minutes.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment or other nonstick sheet. Lay tempeh in single layer and drizzle on marinade.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.
Notes: Bake closer to 15 minutes if you like it softer/chewier.