I find falafel can be a bit heavy sometimes. This one is a bit lighter, but still super flavorful and crispy! We made this in our Weekly Cooking Class!
· 2 cans chickpeas (save water)
· 1 medium potato, cooked
· 1 medium onion
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon garlic powder
· 1 tablespoon onion powder
· 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
· 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
· 2 teaspoons ground coriander
· 2 teaspoons cumin
· Black pepper to taste
1. Boil potato until just fork tender and roughly mash.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Sauté onion for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Use vegetable broth or water to prevent sticking if needed. Add fresh garlic and cook another minute or two.
4. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until desired smoothness. (A large bowl and potato masher would work as well). If too wet, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time. If too dry, add aqua faba (bean water) 1 tablespoon at a time.
5. Form into roughly golf ball size and gently press onto on parchment-lined baking sheet (wet hands if too sticky). Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, turning halfway through.