This was such a delicious recipe and so fast that if I had blinked, I might have missed the prep! Watch the video of us cooking live in Betsy's kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r6fPAb_M3c
· 1 - 8 oz package tempeh Dry Ingredients:
· ¼ teaspoon dry ground fennel · ¼ teaspoon dry ground cumin · ¼ teaspoon dry ground thyme · ¼ teaspoon black pepper · ½ teaspoon onion powder · ½ teaspoon garlic powder · ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika · ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning · 1 tablespoon flour*
· 2 tablespoons tamari (low sodium) · 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke · ¼ teaspoon prepared mustard · 2 teaspoons ground flax + 2 tablespoons water · 1 tablespoon flour*
*Flour made from whole grains or beans recommended.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Using two small bowls, combine dry ingredients in one and liquid in the other.
3. Mix wet and dry together and then add grated tempeh. Combine well.
4. Shape as desired (sausage link shape or patties) or use small cornbread mold.
5. Bake on parchment paper lined baking sheet for 18 minutes or desired browning achieved.
Check out Betsy’s website and learn more about how to make tempeh from scratch: http://makethebesttempeh.org/