This sauce is simple, yet gloriously flavorful. It hits all the notes beautifully! We made this in our Weekly Cooking Class!
· Pasta of Choice (Sweet Potato Gnocchi)
· 5 cloves Garlic, fresh
· 2 Shallots or 1 medium Onion
· 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
· 2 – 15 oz cans Diced Tomatoes
· 1 teaspoon Chickpea Miso
· Optional: ½ cup Vodka
· ½ cup Raw Cashews, soaked
· ½ cup Water
· Optional: ½ cup Cream Cheeze
· ¼ cup Basil, fresh ribbons
· Black Pepper to taste
Instructions 1. Cook desired pasta according to package or recipe instructions.
2. Water sauté onion and garlic until lightly golden brown, about 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add in the tomato paste and sauté for 2-3 more minutes.
4. Add the cans of tomatoes to the mixture, along with miso and simmer for 10 minutes so the flavors can merry.
5. Optional: Pour in the vodka and let simmer for about 5 minutes (must be bubbling!).
6. Create cashew cream by adding drained cashews with fresh water and blend well.
7. Add cashew cream, optional Cream Cheeze, and fresh basil, stir and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
8. Combine with the cooked pasta and stir until well incorporated.
9. Top with extra fresh basil and enjoy!