R & R Burgers
These red beans and roasted red pepper burgers are super simple and fast to put together and full of flavor!
Thank you https://www.instagram.com/crazzolaraphotography/ for the image!
R & R Burgers
· 1 15oz can red or kidney beans
· 1 roasted red pepper
· ½ cup hemp seeds
· ½ cup ground flax seed
· ¼ cup nutritional yeast
· 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend (I prefer Costco’s)
· 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Drain and rinse beans. If you are cooking your beans from scratch, it is a cup and a half.
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until nearly smooth.
3. Place in fridge for 1 hour to set up and let flavors merry.
4. Form into patties and cook on medium-high heat until desired browning is achieved. No oil needed. If your burgers stick to the pan, they are not quite there yet.
5. Serve on whole grain, lightly toasted buns with your choice of toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, hummus, mustard, unsweetened ketchup, etc.
Baking Option: Use a baking dish lined with parchment paper in a 425º oven for 15 minutes. Turn once halfway through or broil for a few minutes to brown the top.
Note: If your patties are too sticky when you are trying to form them, try wetting your hands first or use a small amount of a whole grain or nut flour on your hands.