This slightly sweet and very savory dish will have you erasing your take out restaurant's speed dial number!
· ½ package soy curls
· 1 ½ cups water
· ¼ nutritional yeast
· 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon tomato paste
· 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
· ½ teaspoon ground ginger
· Optional: veggie or no-beef broth to soak soy curls in
· ¼ cup water
· 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
· 6 tablespoons date sugar
· 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
· 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
· 2 teaspoons fresh garlic
· ¼ teaspoon chili powder
· Optional: red pepper flakes
Stir Fry Veggie Ideas:
· 1 head Bok Choy
· onion (red, white, sweet, . . . )
· sweet peppers
· baby corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, . . .
Ginger Beef: Add everything except soy curls under ‘Ginger Beef’ ingredients to a medium/large bowl. Whisk well and then add soy curls. Make sure all soy curls are coated and stir occasionally. Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
Using a baking sheet with sides, line with parchment paper, and add marinated soy curls in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. The pieces should be slightly brown and crispy on the edges, but still soft everywhere else.
Sauce: Add all ‘Sauce’ ingredients to a small pot and whisk well. Simmer until slightly reduced. It should resemble a slightly lumpy syrup.
In a medium bowl toss Ginger Beef mixture (including marinade) with sauce and combine well. Using the same parchment-lined baking sheet, spread ginger beef pieces in a single layer. Drizzle with any remaining sauce. Bake at 425 degrees for another 10 minutes.
Stir Fry: Prepare your stir-fried veggies as you like.
Optional: Prepare greens and brown rice or whole grain/bean noodles to accompany.
This recipe is relatively high in sodium. Dilute the sodium a bit by adding more vegetables to your meal!