These luscious and slightly sweet burgers are super simple and fast to put together. I highly recommend making a bunch and freezing them to have on hand at all times!
Pass the Peas Burgers
· 2 slices whole grain bread toasted
· 1 cup walnuts or pepitas
· 1 cup sweet peas defrosted
· 1 cup hemp seeds
· 1 cup sautéed sliced mushrooms (2 cups raw)
· 2 medjool dates
· 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
· 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
· 2 tablespoons no-salt seasoning blend
1. Allow toast to cool and break apart into large chunks.
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until nearly smooth.
3. Place in fridge for 1 hour to set up and let flavors merry.
4. Form into patties and cook on medium heat until desired browning is achieved. No oil needed. If your burgers stick to the pan, they are not quite ready to be flipped.
5. Serve on a whole grain bun with your favorite toppings, such as, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, mustard, etc.
Note: If your patties are too sticky to form, trying to wet your hands first or use a small amount of a whole grain or nut flour to dust on your hands.
Options: Bake on parchment paper in a 425º oven for 15 minutes. Turn once halfway through.